Thursday, April 3, 2014

Hot & Humid - Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

I apologize to those of you who are still mired in inches of snow, but down here in Austin (Central Texas) it is starting to get warm. 80-something degrees warm.  And humid.  Such weather leads to what some of my more refined Texan lady friends call “glistening” or what I call becoming a sweaty sticky mess.  After years and years of dealing with sweaty underboob and chaffed upper thighs, I realized that something could be done about these less than delicate warm weather conditions… baby powder!  It keeps babies’ chubby butts dry, why not my chubby thighs?  And it works, but it is a mess to apply and sometimes ends up as a nasty white paste at the end of the day. 

*Photo from Amazon.com



After another several years of powdery hands and pasty stains on shirts, I discovered a wonder product called Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel.  It is a silky gel that you apply to areas that need relief from chafing due to “glistening” and/or movement (inner thighs, bikini area, underboob).  It goes on smooth and doesn’t leave any residue on your hands, leaving the area of application dry and cool.  The Powder-Gel is sold at drugstores for around $6 and comes in a 1.5 oz tube.  A little bit goes a long way, so I anticipate this tube lasting me through the summer (knock on wood that we don’t have another marathon summer of days and days of 100 degree weather).


Visit the Monistat website for more information.  This product was purchased by me and all opinions are my own.

*P.S. I did notice that the Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel has a very similar texture and finish to several makeup primers I have tried.  Hit up the Google or check out Makeup Alley for information on using it as a primer. I’ll give it a shot someday and let y’all know.

No comments:

Post a Comment